Tree And His Leafs In Water
Photo Credit: (Angedevil)
When aliens in galaxies 70 million light years away look through a telescope at Earth, they see dinosaurs.
Is that why there has been no alien contact? Because as far as aliens are concerned, there is legitimately no intelligent life on earth?
shit son there still isn’t intelligent life on earth
Each ball weighs differently, causing each one to bounce to a specific height, and when precisely placed in the dust pans and thrown down… 2013
EVERY TIME this comes up on my dash i just sit here and stare at it FOREVERRRRRrr.
Reblog while you can, the year’s almost over D:
oh wow look giveaway! yeah i’m doing one of those. i mean it’s seasonal time, times for giving, so here it is. i’ll make this short though, i’m pretty sure the most of you know how giveaways work. anyway, living in korea for half my life, i’ve built up quite the kpop collection. with that being said, more giveaways will be given in the future.
so for my first giveaway there will be just one winner. this winner will be gifted:
- Block B 2nd Mini Album “Welcome to the Block”
- B.A.P 2nd Album “Power”
- B.A.P Matoki Headphones (Never been used.)
- Block B Headphones ( Never been used )
- BTS Debut Album 2 Cool 4 Skool
- A very nice handwritten letter from me saying some really nice shit. Lol Don’t worry, I’ll practice my shitty handwriting.
The only thing wrong with any of these gifts is people lookin’ at them. which means they are top notch condition.
i can’t tell you how many pairs of headphones i own. jfc
now for the rules:
- not gonna be an ass and say you mbf me. cause if you do and unfollow me after the giveaway i will personally stalk you down and leave a very unfriendly message.don’t do it. follow me if you want but b/c you actually like the shit i post.
- likes = 1 entry. follow = another entry. ( again don’t follow if im not your type of blog. ) reblog as much as you want, but don’t spam.
- i’ll be using the random number generator.
- no giveaway blogs. i check, if you are one, expect a unfriendly message.
- i ship anywhere.
- giveaway ends Jan.15 ( my birthday . it’s the easiest date oppa can remember. )
- good luck. :)
How dog breeders have “improved” breeds over the past 100 years.
- The basset hound never used to sit so low. The dog has suffered changes to his rear leg structure, has excessive skin, vertebrae problems, droopy eyes that are prone to ectropion and entropion, and excessively large ears.
- The bull terrier used to be an athletic dog, but over the years his snout was mutated to be oversized and bending downwards, leading to respiratory issues. Many bull terriers have supernumerary teeth and are compulsive tail chasers and air biters owing to brain deformities.
- The boxer now has a much shorter face with an extremely short snout. The hindquarters are also lower. Like all brachycephalic dogs, the boxer has difficulty controlling his temperature in hot weather, meaning they are prone to overheating and collapsing in the summer. The boxer also has one of the highest cancer rates among dog breeds and many modern day boxers suffer from seizures.
- The english bulldog has evolved into a creature that suffers from almost every known disease. A kennel club survey conducted in 2004 found that they die on average at only 6 years and 4 months old. They cannot mate without human intervention, and cannot give birth naturally due to their giant heads. There is no such thing as a truly healthy bulldog.
- The dachshund, at one time, used to have functional legs and necks for their size. Their backs and legs have gotten longer, chest jutted forward, and legs have shrunk to such proportions that there is barely any clearance between their chest and the floor. Obese dachshunds usually have to actually drag their bellies across the ground. Their risk for intervertebral disc disease - which can result in paralysis - is extremely high. They are also prone to achrondoplastic related pathologies, progressive retinal apathy, and problems with their legs and joints.
- Pugs are the most inbred breed of dog in existence - an investigation carried out found that amongst the 10,000 pugs found in the UK are so inbred, the gene pool consists of the equivalent of only 50 individuals. They are extremely brachycephalic, and suffer severely from all the associated problems - the folds in their face frequently get infected, they struggle to breathe (making snoring/snorting/huffing noises even without moving), they have high blood pressure, low oxygenation, often collapse and die in the summer or if allowed to overheat, dentition problems due to their skulls being so curled in, and perhaps most shocking - their double curled tail is actually a genetic defect, and in its most serious forms leads to paralysis and many dogs needed a wheelchair or being euthanised if this progresses. These dogs are usually culled if they fail to produce this ‘attractive’ trait.
Healthy puppies that do not succumb to these ridiculous modern day breed standards are usually culled. One very heartbreaking example is the rhodesian ridgeback. The ridge is actually a genetic deformity - a mild form of spinal bifida - and puppies born without this ridge are healthy - but since the ridge is their namesake, healthy puppies are normally culled at birth and only those with noticeable ridges are bred from, thus passing the disability down to future dogs. Below is a ridgeback alongside a healthy, ridgeless dog.
3 to 4 million dogs and cats are killed every year because shelters are too full…. people are choosing to buy from breeders or shops instead of offering them a home.
Homeless animals outnumber homeless people by 5:1.
Only 1 in 10 dogs will ever find a permanent home.
25 PER CENT OF DOGS THAT ENTER SHELTERS ARE PUREBREEDS.
Please consider adopting a homeless dog. Please don’t encourage breeding these animals when there are so many being killed every year. Breeding is a profit, not “just” a hobby, and even if you think your breeder is reputable, they are still churning out puppies into a world where pets are seen as disposable.
This post is EXTREMELY important and I want all of you to read it.
NEVER buy a dog. Adoption should be your only option.